We will be reopening our building for corporate worship on Sunday, May 10 at 10:30 am. We are doing our best to provide the Grace Family with the safest environment possible to worship together. Click here to see our safety plan to reopen.
Due to the present situation in our country, the leadership at Grace has determined it best for our body to cancel all church meetings and activities for the next three weeks through April 5. We will then re-evaluate the situation and determine how to proceed. In order not to overwhelm you with a bunch of words, I am going to overwhelm you with a bunch of bullet points, or you can watch a video on our church website or Facebook page (you do not need a Facebook account to watch or access our Facebook page).
- Governor Mike DeWine: No gatherings over 50 people.
- President Trump: Suggested no gatherings of 10 or more.
- Facebook Live every Sunday at 10:30am.
- Feel free to use the live comment feature to drop an “amen” or praise during the livestream.
Gatherings Outside The Church
Growth groups outside the church are not banned from meeting.
We do ask that you use wisdom and discernment in all your interactions.
Your staff continues to work and serve you as long as we are able.
Our missionaries continue to serve.
Bills continue to
We need to
continue to be faithful stewards of what God has given us.
Offerings can be given online at www.findinggrace.net
Offerings can be dropped
off at the church during normal office hours.
Offerings can be
sent through the mail to Grace Baptist, 1400 N. Market St., Troy 45373.
Your church leaders are doing their best to determine how to best accomplish this.
If you have a special need, you can contact us via www.findinggrace.net/ministries/we-care and submit a request. We will assist you as best as we can.
We are asking the Grace Family to make a conscious effort to reach out to one another during this time.
See what you can do to help others.
Reach out to your neighbors.
Don’t hesitate to ask others when you need help.
Filling The Gap
Check Grace’s Facebook page regularly for positive, encouraging, and informative posts (https://www.facebook.com/GraceTroyOhio/?eid=ARDKNXNPK9o34xhMTmareIClovlPS0k2BVotz-mc1xQSBHw_hIHtGtGsM5QjyrgAdmo9yiZBpXmjF1bE).
Check out Grace’s KidZone Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/KidZone-at-Grace-Baptist-Church-1928105237435875/).
Check out Grace’s Youth Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/GraceBaptistChurchYouthTroyOhio/?eid=ARCdP7bO0KTTFS1zuv7zuHVLytxA3jodJVlqPAqPBdE3gkdzkGfryZQHZRjtfc2LllFuy7khnBgRzYXw).
Use RightNow Media…It’s FREE! (https://accounts.rightnowmedia.org/Account/Invite/gbctroy?returnUrl=https://www.rightnowmedia.org/Account/Media/InviteReturn)
Watch The Chosen as a family (you can watch first four episodes free on their app).
Look for opportunities to demonstrate God’s love to those around you!
Take advantage of God given opportunities to share the hope you have in Jesus Christ!
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.
As COVID-19, or coronavirus, continues to dominate the news and is a cause of concern and uncertainty within our community, we want to take a moment to address how as a church, we are planning for the weeks ahead. We know that God is sovereign, yet we also want to make every effort to pray and plan during this unpredictable time in our world, our country, and our community.
At this time, we are not planning to cancel services or planned events.
If state and local health officials announce closure recommendations, or if our church leadership feels it is in the best interest of our church family to cancel services or events, we will communicate updates with you through our website and emails. We will post updates as we have them at https://www.findinggrace.net/resources/coronavirus
On Tuesday, March 10, Governor DeWine recommended that: "all religious
institutions consider limiting practices that could spread germs, such as
shaking hands or sharing in a communal cup of wine during communion. Those in
faith-based communities who are high-risk should consider staying home.
Faith-based communities should also consider appropriate outreach to those who
may not be able to attend regular services." His full press release can be found here: https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/covid-19/home/news-releases-news-you-can-use/gov-dewine-recommends-limiting-large-indoor-gatherings.
Our leadership team has been praying, learning, and talking, and we recommend the following steps:
- If you or an immediate family member are sick with any communicable illness, please do not attend services or events until you are better. The CDC recommends returning at least 24 hours after a fever or signs of a fever.
- If you are a high-risk individual or have concerns about potential exposure, please use your own judgment about attending services or events.
- If you or someone in your home is diagnosed with COVID-19, please let a church leader know so we can support and care for you.
As always, to help prevent the spread of germs, please:
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue if you sneeze, or cough into your elbow.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap for 20 seconds, and encourage everyone in your home (especially your kids!) to do the same.
- Get in the habit of not touching your face.
- Refrain from hugs or handshakes for the time being.
Some final points and resources:
Our leadership wants to assure you that we already take steps to keep our building clean. Frequently touched surfaces in the auditorium, bathrooms, and classrooms have been and will continue to be regularly cleaned and sanitized.
- For your reference, and also to help you in knowing what to use for your own home, the link below takes you to a page that includes all cleaners that are known to the EPA for use against Novel Coronavirus. https://www.epa.gov/sites/production/files/2020-03/documents/sars-cov-2-list_03-03-2020.pdf
- To view the informative and helpful video on Coronavirus please visit: https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1692308547718?fbclid=IwAR2gsCuDWZbC476EAFXrruusgeBMO53Y_2zxGWOrtVg4cQJkQqSoMIiBAVA
Please pray for those around the world who have been infected and impacted by COVID-19, and pray that this uncertain time will lead to the spread of the Gospel. We encourage you to take advantage of opportunities to share your faith and the hope that you have in Jesus Christ! These are difficult times that produce amazing opportunities for God to move in powerful ways!